- When I was 5 years old I wanted to be… a novelist!
- The book I’ve read the most times… The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. And now it’s the show I’m watching the most. I’m obsessed. And terrified.
- The book I always recommend to others… Save the Cat.It’s a book on how to write screenplays, but it’s useful for any writer on how to write story.
- My favourite chocolate bar… Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. The ratio of chocolate-to-peanut butter is perfect.
- The item I have more of than anything else… chapstick. If I see chapstick, I buy it. If there is suddenly a worldwide shortage of chapstick, do not worry, come find me.
- The thing I could never give up… pizza. If I ever moved out of NYC I’m not sure what I would eat.
- If I could pick any actor/actress to play my latest lead character… any of the Emmas – Stone, Roberts, Watson. I love all three of them.
- The one piece of advice I would give my teenage self… Keep better diaries. One day you’ll write teen fiction and need more material.
- My favourite city in the world… Montreal. I grew up there and I miss it every day. The people. The culture. The poutine. (French fries, gravy and cheese curds. Trust me, it’s good.)
- The Hogwarts house I belong to is… Gryffindor! No, Hufflepuff. Actually, I I’m Divergent.
Find out more about Sarah’s latest novel The Girl’s Guide To Summer – the perfect holiday read!