- The last song I listened to… Alt-J’s Tesselate, but I have London Grammar, Kings of Leon and Chvrches on heavy rotation.
- The item I have more of than anything else… Tops with star prints. Podcast subscriptions. Worn-out metallic handbags that need to be binned.
- The last time I went to the cinema… Beauty and the Beast, and Manchester by the Sea. Couldn’t be more different. LOVED both.
- The thing I could never give up… Cheese, bread, wine. I never want to find out what life is like without them.
- The book (by another author) that I wish I had written… The Sky is Everywhere. It’s so beautiful it gives me goosebumps just talking about it.
- The one piece of advice I would give my teenage self… Don’t be so careless with others’ hearts. And don’t get your nose pierced.
- My favourite city in the world… Cadiz, Kuala Lumpur, Perth (Australia) and Newcastle-upon-Tyne – all buzzing, friendly and close to fabulous beaches.
- The person I call when I need cheering up… My kids. They’re rubbish at using a phone, so they tend to be hilarious and shouty.
- If I could go back to any time in history… Jane Austen era – for the dresses, the afternoon walks and the repressed passions.
- My most used emoji… I wish it was the heart eyes, but it’s the embarrassed/exasperated sigh. And the star.
Find out more about Kate’s latest novel, The Glow of Fallen Stars.