It’s cold and dark outside but we have no complaints because that means…
IT’S TIME FOR RED CUPS AND NOVELTY CHRISTMAS DRINKS! Yum.
So for this week’s Friday Face-Off, we’re debating which is the very best of the various deliciously festive hot drinks on offer. Here’s the view from the team:
- Gingerbread & Cream Latte from Costa because it is DELIC-IOUS and like Christmas in a cup. Plus, you get a mini gingerbread man on top so it comes with a snack too!
Steph’s pick (with only a small point of difference, but we’ll let her have it!):
- My favourite Christmas novelty drink is a Gingerbread Latte from Costa but WITHOUT the cream. It smells and tastes incredible, but in my opinion, the cream ruins it! I think it lessens the flavour and the smell, it cools the latte down too quick, and the less cream you have, the healthier you’ve made it (which means you can totally have another one the next day…)
- This year I am all about Cafe Nero’s Clementine Hot Chocolate. Not only is Nero clearly the best of the coffee shop chains (don’t even try fighting me on that!), but as far as I’m concerned, nothing says festive goodness like chocolate orange.
- It’s a classic, and I love it: Starbucks’ Toffee Nut Latte has to be the ultimate Christmas drink – one sip and I know the festive season has well and truly begun!
- A controversial answer, but sadly I have never found a festive drink that I really like – I find them a bit too sickly! – so my pick is: stick with your standard coffee choice but get it in a red cup so you still feel Christmassy!
Which do you prefer? And who do you agree with? Tell us your thoughts below and on social media using the hashtag #BKMRKFaceOff